Description


Sunday, December 5, 2010

Clean Run Photo Submission - Max

Maxie at Monroe Trial, photo by Tom Bridge,
http://www.fastclickphotos.com/ 
Late last night I emailed Clean Run Magazine this photo of Maxie, for consideration for their front cover.  It's not as close-up a shot as they seem to like, but who knows.  Maybe they will consider it.

I had purchased the CD of the Monroe trial videos, and got email confirmation from the photographer yesterday that I have complete rights to use/publish these photos as I see fit, so long as I credit the photographer.

Here's what I told Clean Run why I think the photo might be worthy:

You haven't featured a Papillon in quite a while.  I particularly like this photo because it shows his lead change foot pushing him off in the new direction, his head and eyes snapped in the new direction, his body leaning eagerly into his turn, flowing hair indicating jump height, speed and motion, and the complete focus he is giving to his run (in the larger photo you can see the whites of his eyes). Also, this is among the last photos of 8” AKC dogs that can be taken with 8” tire, since AKC has lowered the tire height to 4” (that is, tire resting on the ground) from now on, which looks crappy.

I also sent them these Maxie Stats:
Max is my first agility dog, a 3.5 year old AKC registered Papillon who began competing with me in April 2010 and within 7.5 months, 6 trials, has acquired his AX and AXJ titles, with 17 1st places and 1 2nd place.  He only weighs 7 lbs but is smart, fast, sure of himself and very cooperative. 

I know it's a long, long, long shot, but I'm already seeing my wee little pooch on the cover of a prestigious magazine. They probably receive hundreds if not thousands of photos so chances are way, way slim, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh?  And I'm recycling, remember,  building up that door-opening, prayer-answering, mountain-moving karma.  Whether he makes it or not, it's heady fun visualizing it.  And besides which, I can't help where my mind goes.  Far better there than many other places. Wish us luck!

Upwards and onward!

No comments: