Description


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Surprise Maxie Videos!

Trying to speed up my computer, I've been cleaning out old files.  Much to my surprise, I found some little videos of Max taken with an old Nikon Coolpix camera I had back in '07-'08 -- long before I got a "real" video camera.  Short snippets, I pieced them together yesterday for a nostalgic trip down memory lane.  These are the earliest moving shots I have of Max, at about 6-7 months of age.

First, our visits to Maxie's breeder, Barb Neuman in Ponchatoula, who let me play with her 15 paps and shared her knowledge with me about caring for this breed. There is a short clip of the first time I held Max, plus a later visit when I brought Max, Jonathan and Audrey to see the newborns, and a great photo of me holding Buddy, an AKC Champion and Maxie's grandpaw.

Then, Max playing with himself in a mirror at Sis's house in Houston. I found this one hilarious. Who says dogs don't see themselves in the mirror???


The annoying ticky-ticky-ticky background noise of the Coolpix reminds me why I wanted a different video camera, and of how far I've come since then.  Always good to realize the progress.  What would life be like these days without my video camera, filming our agility runs, training sessions, and the puppies?  I can't bear the thought of all those quality moments lost.

Comparing Max to Winston at this age, Max's culottes and tail are fuller and hair thicker, but his ear feathers are shorter.  Max seems stockier, maybe even fatter. His hair wasn't curly back then and I'm surprised how much longer it was on his back then than now.  When and why did Max get curly hair?

I will continue scouring the dark corners of my hard drive for more videos and share any I deem of interest.

I am grateful every moment for having the leisure time to do all of this labor intensive stuff.  It would not get done otherwise.

Upwards and onward!

No comments: