Description


Saturday, June 8, 2013

Stinging Caterpillars Gone!

On April 8, I reported seeing my first stinging caterpillars of the season.  We have been hunting for and drowning them every day since then -- 25-50 per day in the trees, on the porches, in the grass, finally petering down to 10-15 per day lately.  It's depressing to observe one's life reduced down to hunting for caterpillars, but it's become sport to fill a daily quota!  Today, June 8, I am happy to report that we haven't seen any in the dog yards in the past few days.  So, it appears the season lasts just about 2 months . . . . . and I have my yard back!  Of course, spring is over and mid-day temperatures are already in the 80's and 90's.  If I'm going to get any back yard training in it will have to be before breakfast.

Upwards and onward!

No comments: