|Pepper, March 2013, 17 months old|
I got home and stacked him, which he does beautifully from just the few weeks conformation training we had way back, then I took a bunch of photos. He was so patient! This one is my favorites. Here's what Dawn saw:
- A bit long in the body
- A bit tall at 11 3/8", though not a fault unless over 12"
- Ears set a bit low
- Nose a bit long
- Stop a bit shallow
- Great back leg placement, straight and strong
- Good front leg alignment, turned out just a bit
- Good bone structure
- Nice long legs, dainty yet strong
- Beautiful markings
- Nice coat and full ear feathers
- Correct weight for his size, 8#
He grows more and more handsome in my eyes as he gets older (now 17 months). And what I like most, he is getting more hooked on me and more receptive to training. With Maxie being my biggest heart throb for so long and so attuned to me, I am having to make a conscious effort to gush as much affection on Pepper as I have always done to Maxie. It is making a difference, I think, in how Pepper interacts with me.
In case you're wondering, that's a frosted glass table he's standing on, with azeleas both over and under the table. I thought that was kinda cool. Here's a few more shots I like: